"America is an idea—one that has endured and evolved through war and depression, prevailed over fascism and communism, and radiated hope to far distant corners of the earth. Americans believe that diversity is our greatest strength. That protest is among the highest forms of patriotism. That our fates and fortunes are bound to rise and fall together. That even when we fall short of our highest ideals, we never stop trying to build a more perfect union." - 2020 Democratic Party Platform
The Harnett County Democratic Party is a big-tent party, understanding that there are many paths to get to a common goal; however, Democrats are united to the following principles:
- Democrats believe that the economy performs best when it is not rigged in favor of corporations and the wealthy few. We further believe that by giving Americans a strong safety net, and proper infrastructure, American ingenuity and the entrepreneurial spirit will flourish.
- Democrats believe in democratic principles: voting rights, fair representation, and secure elections.
- Democrats believe in the equal rights of all citizens—women, racial minorities, religious minorities, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, the financially insecure, and we stand with those who have been discriminated against, and exploited, in too many ways and for too many generations.
- Democrats believe in public education and that all children have the right to receive a free world-class education.
- Democrats believe that it is our responsibility as humans to take care of the environment and leave it in a better state than what we inherited. A clean ecosystem is important for the future of our economy, drinking water, health, and recreational opportunities.
- Democrats believe that a woman ought to have the right to make her own healthcare decisions.
- Democrats believe that all citizens are entitled to top-notch healthcare and support Medicaid Expansion so that more North Carolinians can get the healthcare they need.
Do you like this page?